Jungle City and Elephant Family are looking for inspired, positive and passionate people to volunteer their time this summer and be part of an event that will raise £1 million for some of the world’s most endangered animals.
This summer Jungle City hits the streets of Edinburgh. All of the animals are endangered and it’s up to the people of Edinburgh to save them. The animals can’t talk so we need people to do it for them! With your help we can put the spotlight on their endangered status and raise funds for their survival. The event will be Scotland’s biggest outdoor art event on record.
Elephant Family is the lead charity for Jungle City and works to save the Asian elephant from extinction in the wild, along with all the other animals who share their forest homes. Massive habitat loss over the past 100 years has wiped out 90% of their population. Without action from people like you, they could be extinct within 30 years.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a creative, fun and memorable event that will see you engage with all kinds of people, develop your ability to charm and be part of a global push to save some of the planet’s most endangered and iconic animals.
What this role will involve
• Fundraising at a variety of locations and venues. This could be anywhere from shopping centres and transport stations to comedy performances and musical gigs.
• Meeting new people, working alongside other volunteers, and communicating and engaging with the public.
• Encouraging people within the community to be aware of the situation effecting our planets elephants and becoming actively involved in the conservation effort.
Skills and Experience needed
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Reliable and honest
This role offers you
- A chance to create positive change in the world and make a real difference to Asian elephants and the animals who share their habitat
- A permanent talking point on your CV! This is one off opportunity to be part of one of the most memorable, colourful events to visit Scotland
- Learn or perfect your fundraising skills
- Be part Elephant Family - the UK’s biggest funder for the endangered Asian elephant
- The chance to make new friends and meet people who share a passion for the planet
Flexible, at times to suit you.
So how do you join?
Get in touch with Lara@elephantfamily.org or call the London office on 020 7251 5099.